You know those sleepless nights of partying and frivolity you had in your youth. It's kinda like that, but without the fun.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hey, do you blog?

The answer up until now would have been a resounding no. However, I have finally given in to both boredom and technology. Mainly boredom though.

You see, I work the overnight (graveyard - jeez I hate referring to it as a graveyard) shift at the Staybridge Suites in Oakbrook Terrace. Hence, the title of this blog that made you smile ever so slightly as you either clicked on a link or typed it in to your selected internet browser.

As you can imagine, the Staybridge is not the most hopping place from 11pm to 7am. Quite the opposite in fact, which is lucky for you since you can now read my thoughts through a blog medium! I wish I was as lucky as you, but I can only think of awesome, hilarious things. I rarely have the opportunity to read them.

Also, I figured it would be nice to have another outlet to pursue my extreme vanity. Another reason I am enjoying reading this blog is because I can see a really handsome reflection of myself in my laptop screen.

While I am not fulfilling the whims of Staybridge guests (retrieving alcohol pads for a gentlemen to rub on his fiance's face - this happened), folding laundry, or shoveling snow, I will now be updating you on the most mundane attributes and stories I can muster.

Congratulations. You are now reading one the best things on the internet*

*This is not yet true, but it will be. I give myself a week before I fully reject this venture, and set up a rap studio behind the front desk at this gd hotel.

First random thought: totally blogworthy of course, I don't like most words that describe devices invented in the last twenty years. For example, laptop. I wish that a modern day Shakespeare would come around and determine a new series of vocabulary in a Renaissance English that is more becoming to my petite eardrums.

No comments:

Post a Comment